Adopting a regular hygiene regimen with your teeth will not only improve your health, but save you tons of money with dental bills down the line. Clean teeth improve your skin, keep your breath fresh-smelling, and they are a necessary part of good health.
You should visit your dentist in NYC every six months to get a checkup and cleaning, but there are steps you can be taking every day that will keep your teeth white and shiny.
- Brush morning and night. Try to brush for two minutes at a time, and take care. Four minutes out of your day really is not that much time to spend on a step that will make a lot of difference on your dental health or bills.
- Floss once a day. Work each tooth carefully, moving gently between the teeth to loosen any food particles. This cleans out those hard-to-reach places that a brush cannot access and keeps down gum inflammation.
- Consider using a mouthwash with antiseptic that will keep down the plaque between your teeth.
- You can use an oral irrigator to get food out from between your teeth, since items like toothpicks can damage your gums. An oral irrigator shoots a stream of water that should loosen food caught between your teeth.
- Avoid crunching on hard foods that will crack your teeth. In particular, do not chew ice. It can leave fissures in your enamel and ruin your teeth.
- Eating foods packed with carbs will stick to your tooth surface. Sticky foods can also remain on your teeth. Brush your teeth after eating either.
- Speak to your dentist in NYC about using supplemental fluoride, which can help strengthen your tooth enamel.
Central Park West Dentistry provides comprehensive, sensitive dental care for every member of the family. We stand behind the quality of our work, ensuring that every patient is satisfied with the results of their treatment. Because your concerns are important, we provide educated answers to your questions and informative details about your options. Contact Central Park West Dentistry to schedule a consultation or appointment today.